Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mom and sisters came to visit!

At the end of September (yes, I know I am slow) my mom and three of my sisters came out to visit.  There was Mom, Becky, Sharon, and Sarah, my oldest sister Cindy stayed at home because she had just came out this way to visit her new grand baby not too long before this.  Anyway, they all came out for about five days and I loved it.  It was so fun seeing so much of my family.  Of course the time flew by way too fast and we stayed up way too late every night, but I had a blast.  My kids loved being with Grandma and some of their aunts.  They loved them and all the attention.  We went up to Kirtland one day.  We also went to the Johnson farm that day. It was neat to see, Mike and I didn't go see that yet.  I will have to take him back.  The only problem was that I had something at Zachs school that I was trying to hurry back for and after we left the farm and had driven about an hour, we got a message from the missionaries there.  We had left our new stroller!  I was so frustrated.  So we turned around, of course having to just forget about the thing at Zach's school, and went back to get the stroller.  But it sure was a beautiful drive.  It reminded me a lot of Virginia and made me homesick.  

This was in front of some steps that the Prophet Joseph Smith used to preach on at the Johnson farm.  Pretty cool. The one with the kids and the rock is at the farm also.
Another day they watched the kids and cleaned my house while I went to see Mike, at the office, to have him fix one of my teeth that has been needing it since graduation.  That was so sweet of them!  Then we went shopping the rest of the day at this cool mall.  My mom was also so sweet, one night she; last second decision on the second to last night; took us to go and see Broadways "The Lion King".  
I wasn't sure if I ever really wanted to see that play, but oh man am I glad that we did.  It was amazing!  We all loved it.  And we got so lucky, there were only 8 seats left and we got 6 of them. So that was a really fun night too.  And my sweetie Mike watched the kids so I didn't have a care in the world that night.  All I had to worry about was having fun with my mom and sisters, which is not hard at all. 

Pretty much all of the nights we stayed up late taking, laughing and playing the Wii.  Now THAT was entertaining to watch each other play.  We were laughing so hard we couldn't breath.  All the sisters also decided to have the same bangs, so Sharon cut them for us.  How are your bangs by the way now Sarah?  (She was the first experiment one, but they really didn't turn out bad)
I sure am blessed to have such a wonderful mother and so many wonderful sisters.  They truly are all a great example to me and I know that they have helped make me who I am today.  We did miss Cindy and my sister-in-laws though, maybe some day.  
Thanks again guys for coming and seeing me and making being in Ohio a little easier.

No comments: