Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas 2009

Merry Christmas everyone! We had a great Christmas this year. No one was sick, and we were in our own house. It was great. We took the day easy and had a great day. Even after being up until almost 3:00 setting stuff up. Alyssa got a new bed, so now she is finally in a twin bed and out of her toddler bed. Just because she was 5 years old and sleeping in a toddler bed, does that make me a terrible mom?
Our stockings were hung by the chimney with care. And we even got the fireplace to work for Christmas Eve. We had tried earlier and found out, when the house filled with smoke, that the previous owners had tiled over the top of the chimney. It was a lot of fun having a fire on Christmas Eve though.
We even decided to have a nice dinner for ourselves on Christmas Eve. So I made some ham, cheesy potatoes, rolls and a salad. I brought out the nice dishes and everything! (Too bad the table clothe was so dang bright) Then we let the kids open their one Christmas Eve present. They were p.j.'s. That is a tradition my family has done ever since I can remember and we passed it onto our family.
Christmas morning was torture for Zachary because he woke-up first and we wouldn't let him go in until the rest of the kids were awake. Luckily for him, they woke up soon after he did. And luckily for us they slept in until almost 8:30! Half way through the presents we took a break and had breakfast. Then finished opening presents.
Do you think Zach likes his new light saber?
Alyssa with her new bed, she even got a new bed for her doll from her brothers.
Can you tell I could hardly get to him to stay still long enough to snap a picture. His stuff is just kind of thrown there. That's my Tyler!
And last, my cutie pie Henry. I would brag about how little I actually spent on his Christmas presents (thanks to some un-named, two letter store :) ), but Mike would probably smack me.
And of course Mike and I got a house for Christmas! I truly am so grateful for the Christmas season. I just love it so much! The lights, the decorations, the music, the feelings. I am so thankful for my Savior and that we have a whole season focused on his birth. That is truly the greatest Christmas gift of all.

No comments: