Thursday, August 28, 2008

Zachs first day of 1st grade



Zachary started first grade at Royal Manor Elementary yesterday. I think that he is really going to like it there. His teachers name is Mrs. Rogers and she seems really nice. He was suppose to be in a different class, but two days before school started, after he had already met his teacher and learned where his class was, the principle called and said that they had to add another first grade class. So they put Zach in the new class, so he got a new teacher and his new class was in a totally different place then his first one. Luckily it is a pretty small school, so he remembered where it was just fine on the first day. The school is pretty small and so are the classes, so it seems like a really good school, more family oriented and they actually care about each student because they can. So that is nice.

The only bad thing about it is that it is so early! We are not morning people at all. In Virginia Zach was gone from about 8:45 - 4:00. Here he leaves at 7:30 and comes home at 2:30. It was pretty funny, on the first day of school when I woke-up Zach he asked me if this was really the right time for school. I told him yes and he said, "Everyday?". And I said yes. So he got this really serious look on his face and said "I can tell school is really going to change for me this year." I thought that was pretty funny. But then this morning he actually woke-up a little before I even had to wake him up so I think he will be just fine.


Here he is finishing his breakfast.
Then posing on the bus. The bus stop is only two houses away and the bus driver seems really really nice. Which is a great change because the one he had last year was a little mean.


He is growing up so fast, I can't believe that he is in 1st grade already. It sure was nice having him home this summer. He helped me out a lot with the other kids. He is a great kid and I am so glad that he is ours!

2 comments:

thirdof11 said...

I can't believe how old Zach is getting! First grade! When did he even start kindergarten? And how is it that you can be old enough to have a 1st grader? :)

kathyurry said...

It is allways hard to send the first one off to school I remember when Mari Anne went and then when the boys all went and now there is just Regina in school and she is a jr time goes fast injoy things while you can