Friday, February 27, 2009

My parents


My mom sent me these pictures the other day.  They were taken on my parents wedding day at the Salt Lake Temple.  I love these pictures, they look so in love!  Today I was talking to my sister Sharon and she told me some things that helped me to remember that my parents still feel the same way about each other now as they did back on this day.  If not even more in love now.
I also wanted to say again what a great man my dad is.  My mom said that the other day he said to her that he felt bad.  So she asked him why.  And he said "because I feel a little bit sorry for myself."  Can you imagine!  Feeling bad because you feel a little bit sorry for yourself that you had a stroke and half of your body doesn't work and you are stuck in bed when you had been such an active person.  Wow!  Also my dad loves my mom so much.  It is really hard on him to see my mom having to struggle to take care of him.  She is getting up there in years too and isn't quite the spring chicken she used to be, although I am sure that in their minds they are both still 20.  So knowing that it is hard on my dad seeing my mom take care of him reaffirms how much he loves her.  I can't wait until I can go out to Utah to see them.  I know that it will be hard for me to see my dad not like I remember him, but I am still itching to get out there.  Hopefully time will go fast until we get to get out there and my dad will just keep getting better and better.

5 comments:

thirdof11 said...

I too loved the pictures Grandma sent out. When do you get to go to Utah?

Katrina said...

I hope your dad gets well soon. He sounds like such an amazing man! Aren't Dads the best?! It made me think about my dad and what he means to me in my life. Thanks for the post!

Weavers said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad's stroke. I hope you get to enjoy your time with your family and your dad. Looks like you have some amazing parents!

The Cushing Family said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad. I am sure it is hard to be going through all that while you are away. It is so neat to hear your thoughts about your dad. I hope things continue to get better. We will keep you in our prayers.

kathyurry said...

ok Amy by now I was hoping to see some new blog about Utah