Thursday, April 9, 2009

April Fool's!

Yes, I am finally adding to my blog, I know it has been awhile, but a lot has been happening.  I was in Utah for three weeks so that also didn't help me add anything.  But it did give me stuff to add...anyway.
On April 1st my sister, Sharon, and I decided to make a fun April Fools dinner.  So we made dessert for dinner and dinner for dessert.  
For dinner we had a cake that was made out of hamburger, green beans, cream of mushroom soup, cheese and mashed potatoes.  The blue writing is just blue food coloring in the mashed potatoes.  
Oh yeah, and for the drink we had put jello in their cups and let it set-up then added straws so it looked like just normal punch.  











Then for dessert we had meat loaf made out of brownies with frosting katsup and mustard, green beans made out of chewy jolly ranchers, peas made out of laffy taffy, and mashed potatoes and gravy made out of vanilla ice cream and chocolate fudge.  It was so much fun! 











The kids loved it as you can see.  I also had a lot of fun making it with my sister.  It was a lot of work, mostly the beans and peas, but it was so worth it.  We will have to try something again for next year! 

4 comments:

Brin said...

That is so creative. I will have to try it next year. What a fun idea. Your always looking to do such fun things with your family.

Logan and Traci Wood said...

I am so glad you got into the April fools spirit...my mom told me about the meatloaf idea but I'd already planned dinner so I didn't tackle it. Now seeing yours I wish I had.

kathyurry said...

sound like fun

thirdof11 said...

Oh my goodness!!! That meal is so creative! You seriously know how to make holidays fun and memorable.